10 Good Reasons to Use Chiropractic to Achieve Better Heatlth in 2010
It’s the last day of the year and people are starting to come up with New Year’s resolutions. I would venture to say that at least one resolution you have involves your health in some way. Let me give you 10 good reasons chiropractic should be included in your action plan.
1. Chiropractic helps control pain. Pain is a great de-motivator/distraction. When you get adjusted, you not only get an endorphine release but you also close down the nerve pathways that cause pain. This will allow you to work out with less pain.
2. Chiropractic improves joint function. Working out on joints that are not working properly can create worse problems.
3. Chiropractic improves balance. Balance is very important to good health. Getting adjusted regularly helps improve your balance. This is closely associated with proprioception which was the topic of the previous post.
4. Chiropractic will help improve your posture which will help you look and feel your best. Correcting the posture of the low back will especially help decrease the “pooch.”
5. Chiropractic improves nerve flow to the vital organs. When your organs are working properly your body will be healthier. This is especially true for the organs that deal with elimination of waste like the gut, the kidneys and the liver. When you get the gunk out you will be healthier. This is especially true after binging since Halloween.:)
6. Chiropractic improves hormone function. The thyroid gland controls metabolism and is critical to good health. In addition, balancing estrogen, testosterone, progesterone, etc. can make a huge difference in your energy.
7. Chiropractic is good for your feet. When you make that resolution to go running and your feet are killing you, we can help adjust the foot or do some soft tissue work to get you back out there.
8. Chiropractic can increase your lung capacity. When you get adjusted it allows the joints of and around the rib cage to be well lubricated and move freely. This allows proper inhalation and exhalation. Good breathing equals more oxygen which leads to more efficient cells and better health.
9. Chiropractic can help your sinuses. When you feel like you cannot breathe because the cold you caught just before Christmas just won’t go away, come in for some cranial adjusting and experience what it’s like to breathe through your nose again.
10. Chiropractic restores the body’s ability the work, heal, and function properly!
There you have it! 10 good reasons you should include chiropractic care in your goal to be healthier. See you soon!